This property is a modernised, spacious, self-contained wing of an important Grade II listed manor house, close to the west bank of the river Severn on the Gloucestershire/Worcestershire border. It has been redecorated to a very high standard and is furnished throughout with antique furniture and decorative prints.
Parts of the house date back to the 15th century, including the Medieval Great Hall built by the Abbots of the Benedictine monastery at Tewkesbury. Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn are believed to have stayed here in July 1535. The present owners are the eighth generation to own the manor and its estate. The wing was added circa 1890 by the Arts and Crafts architect, Philip Webb.
This property at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Three bathrooms and one shower room.
- Open fireplace.
- Four oven Aga with two hot plates c/w four gas hobs attached, microwave, huge fridge/freezer, two dishwashers, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Gas central heating throughout, open fire in the drawing room, gas “coal-effect” fires in the two first floor bedrooms.
- Fully enclosed private walled, brick paved, rose garden.
- Space for one car immediately outside the front door and plenty of space for further cars in the adjoining garage yard.
- Garden furniture and barbecue for the exclusive use of guests.
- Children over 12 years old are welcome at the property.
- A dog is welcome at the property but it must be kept to the ground floor.
- Minimum of a three night stay.